A Methodist church was created in the village of Elston in 1815. The present church building dates from 1871 and we always celebrate our chapel anniversary on the Sunday nearest to Ascension day.
In Elston there is also an Anglican church and both places of worship have strong links with the village school, Elston All Saints Anglican Methodist Primary School.
Elston Methodist Church have two groups of people who regularly meet in the back school room, the Brownies and the 'Voices' singing group.
The minister of Elston is Rev Peter Hibberts and the main Sunday service is at 10:45am.